Sunday, September 5, 2010

Phase II

04.09.2010 | 1:59pm
Current music: Porcupine Tree - Drown With Me



buried in green
orange filter sky

Well. What is this, then? Could I really have moved into the world of technology? Indeed, it looks that way doesn't it? I guess anybody who reads this will know how fastidiously I used to keep a diary back in the olden days. I kind of stopped doing that around April, what with all the hectic stuff going on back then. But now that I'm settled now in Melbourne, I think it's time I started doing this shit again. I miss it, I really do. Not so much at the time, but I'm weird and I like to look back and see what I was doing on a certain day at a certain time. It's really weird in some cases, and to look back with that hindsight is really interesting.

But anyway. Enough about that. Where do I even start, what do I even say? It's been so long I'm kind of out of the habit. I guess you all know what happened, how at the beginning of the year I made the decision to move to Australia with my boyfriend, André. It's been a pretty big learning curve, I'll tell you that. But I've been doing so much better than I thought I would. I've been keeping myself busy, I've got myself a job in a pie shop to fill in the time and earn some money before I go back to uni next year. I'm finally finding my way around, and getting used to not having a car. God, if I was in Auckland I have no idea what I'd do without my car, but here it's so easy! I live right outside the tram stop and there are loads of buses and trains, I can get pretty much anywhere and it saves me money.

Especially when I fare evade.

But it's hard, too. Every now and then I'm just struck by how much I miss everyone, how much I miss certain places and certain routines I used to have. I even miss Foodtown a little bit! I miss my cats and my car. I miss watching Casualty and Fringe and Glee!!! But gradually I'm filling in the gaps with new things here. Now that I'm working I really feel like I belong here and have a purpose. I love the job! I'm an assistant manager at a franchise store called Pie Face. Three guesses at what it sells. I love the brand, and I feel like what I do there will actually make a difference with it being such a small company. So I'm actually motivated to take pride in my work instead of just standing around talking shit. This is going to be so good for me. Though the early mornings will be tough after so long being able to sleep in until midday every day. And my feet aren't used to being USED so much!

(Ok so it's now actually the 5th of September. I kind of forgot about this post ... oops.)

I think I'll leave it at that for now. There really isn't much more to say.

I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment