Sunday, September 5, 2010

Back to reality

05.09.2010 | 12:55pm

Current music: The Chills - Tied Up In Chain



we're here to stay
in this crooked game
that we're expected to play


It's just kind of hit me that I have to apply for uni by the end of this month. Where the fuck has this year gone? I don't get it. I thought I wasn't going to have to worry about this for ages! I'm enjoying the break from uni, but I guess that's partially a function of my last semester being so utterly useless. I still can't believe how badly I did. Anyway, at least that just cemented my choice to do bio rather than environmental science. Ew.

But god, I am a little worried about this. I'm worried I might not get in. I don't know how good I have to be. My GPA has been dragged right down, but it was dragged down by stupid little Gen Ed subjects that don't even count. Really pissed off about that. But I guess there's no point worrying about it right now. I'm looking into scholarships too - any help would be a godsend. As a New Zealand citizen, I have to pay all my fees upfront. In a way this is good - I get a 20% discount and I won't rack up any debt (especially good as I still owe Studylink in NZ about a million dollars). But god, it's a lot of money that I'd appreciate a lot more in my pocket.

I want to go to Max Brenner. Ax is still the sickest of the sick though, so I think I'll be waiting a few more days.

Anyway, I guess I'm just killing time while I do my software updates. Apparently VTAC doesn't like my old operating system. Grr. I think I'll also have to brave UoA's new Student Services thing. Just when I'd got used to nDeva, too! Sure it was a piece of shit, but everyone figured it out in the end. Why change it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment